There are two ways to compile textures.
Create folder named 'TEXTURES' in the same folder as is compiler's executable file. Now you can copy any .dds files to this folder. Run NFS Texture Compiler and click 'Compile'. File 'textures.bin' will be automatically created in folder where is executable file. It is very simple method.
Run NFS Texture Compiler and click 'Compile'. Will be appear dialog window 'Folder Browse Dialog'. Just select folder that contains .dds files. File 'textures.bin' will be automatically created in folder where is executable file. It is very simple method.
It is not important to use UPPERCASE letter because NFS Texture Compiler convert names automatically. Next important thing is texture name. First part of name is car's name like MIATA or CELICA (the same as folder name where will be copied created 'textures.bin'). Next you must add underscore '_' and target texture name.
Texture names used in Need For Speed Underground / Underground 2
- SHADOWFE (shadow texture used in menu)- SHADOWIG (shadow texture used in game)
- NEON (neon texture)
- TIRE (used for tires)
- INTERIOR (used for car interior)
- ENGINE (used for car engine, do not use in another part than enigne, because this part will be disappear in race)
- DOORLINE, DOORLINE_KIT, DOORLINE_KIT_MASK, DOORLINE_MASK, DOORLINE_WIDEBODY, DOORLINE_WIDEBODY_MASK
- KIT00_HEADLIGHT_GLASS_OFF, KIT00_HEADLIGHT_OFF
- KIT00_BRAKELIGHT_GLASS_OFF, KIT00_BRAKELIGHT_OFF
If you want to add style parts, you can use textures for this parts which are named like:
STYLE##_HEADLIGHT_GLASS_OFF, STYLE##_HEADLIGHT_OFF, STYLE##_BRAKELIGHT_GLASS_OFF, STYLE##_BRAKELIGHT_OFF, where ## is style number eg. 05
Texture names used in Need For Speed Carbon
- MISC- TIRE
- KIT00_HEADLIGHT_ON, KIT00_HEADLIGHT_GLASS_ON
- KIT00_BRAKELIGHT_ON, KIT00_BRAKELIGHT_OFF, KIT00_BRAKELIGHT_GLASS_ON, KIT00_BRAKELIGHT_GLASS_OFF